What’s better than an Email Marketing campaign? An Email Marketing campaign connected to all your social profiles, and sharable by your subscribers!
In Email Marketing, there are two different types of “Social Links” that you can add to your campaigns. The first are Social Icons, that link your users to your various profiles on all your different social platforms. The other are Social Sharing Links that let your readers share the email, themselves.
Adding Social Icons to your Email Marketing campaigns
You can connect any of your social profiles to your Email Marketing account, and have each of them show up as an icon at the bottom of your Email Marketing emails. (You can also change the position of them, using our Campaign Tweaks add-on, or insert them manually with our macro shortcuts, too.) Just click on Addons at the top of any Email Marketing screen, and then on the Social option. Then you can set it up, from there.
You won’t be able to see this row of icons, while you’re editing your campaign. But they will show up on the Preview page, and when you send your email, for sure!
Now, these icons are not used for sharing your campaigns, but have no fear! Read on, to include ways for your readers to share…
Adding Social Sharing Links to your Email Marketing emails
The Social Sharing Links are a way for you to encourage your subscribers to get involved in the conversation, and share your emails themselves.
When you hit Send on any campaign, and get to the Mailing Details page, you’ll see a column of checkboxes at the bottom. You can tick these options, to add your sharing buttons to the very top of your email. You can choose to add buttons that will let people do the following:
- like on Facebook
- tweet on Twitter
- pin to Pinterest
- +1 on Google+
- like on LinkedIn
When working on a campaign, always make sure to save your changes! Save early, save often!
Just click Save in the upper right corner, to the left of your Campaign Title.
The Save button will change to display the word Saving… in gray, after you click. This is how you know that Email Marketing is working on committing all your wonderful changes! The button will reappear once the email campaign has been successfully saved.
It’s important to also notice the timestamp, in the far upper right of the composer page. It’s right next to the Preview button, and will show the exact time and date that this campaign was last saved.
This does not happen often, but if that timestamp doesn’t update when you click the Save button, then just try again. If it’s still not updating, there’s a problem with your connection to the server. Try to save as much of changes in outside text-editing program as you can. You can try again in a few minutes, but once that connection has been interrupted, you may have to restart your page to re-establish it, losing your changes.
You can send any campaign you create in your account as an email. You can send it as many times as you want, and to any contacts in your Subscribers. You will also be able to send an existing campaign from your mobile device.
- If you haven’t already, log in to your Email Marketing account. (Need help logging in?)
- Find your campaign on the Campaigns page, and click the Sendbutton underneath the thumbnail.
Note: If you’re sending directly from the Composer, just click the Continue button in the bottom right corner of the composer page.
There are two steps to the sending process, but don’t worry! Your campaign will not send until you confirm everything after the final step.
- You have two methods of selecting people to send to:
Note: You can confirm your list selections on the right side of the page.
- Click Continue.
- Edit the following options, to your liking.
||This will default to your account name, the first time you send any email. For all subsequent sends, it will default to the last name you used. You can edit this each time you send.
||This will default to your account email, the first time you send any email. For all subsequent sends, it will default to the last email you used. You can edit this each time you send.
||This will default to the Campaign Title, the first time you send a mailing for any campaign. Any subsequent sends will default to the subject line previously sent.
||This is optional. If you select this option, your email will automatically send again, in 72 hours, to anyone who did not open the first email, using the secondary subject line you enter.
|Don’t send this to people who already received it
||This is optional. If you select this option, people who have received this campaign before, will not be sent this email. Read more about this option.
|Enable link tracking
||Make sure this is selected. This allows Email Marketing to report back to you the details of what happened with your emails. Usually you don’t want to turn this off, since you won’t receive any statistics reporting if link tracking is disabled. Read more about mailing statistics, here.
|Make my email look awesome on all devices
||This is optional. Your email will be responsive with this option selected.
||Select the social platforms you want to include in the sharing buttons, at the top of your email. These buttons allow your readers to like, tweet, pin, and +1 your campaign.
- Click the Send button when everything looks good. But don’t worry! Your campaign will not send, yet — you have another chance to confirm all the details.
- Here’s your final chance to look everything over. All your recipient and mailing details are displayed for you, together, in one place. Click Looks good. Send it! to get your mailing on its way.
Note: If you need to make any changes to these details, click the Cancel link in the bottom left corner.
If this is your first-ever time sending, you may need to go through our quick verification step. Otherwise, your email is on its way!
Send from a mobile device
You can resend an existing campaign from your mobile device.
- Once you’re logged into your Email Marketing account, locate the campaign you want to resend.
- Tap Send Again to access the campaign.
- Enter the email address to where you would like to resend the campaign to.
- Tap Send to resend your campaign.
Follow these steps to add contacts to the subscribers area of your Email Marketing account.
- If you haven’t already, log in to your Email Marketing account. (Need help logging in?)
- Select the Subscribers tab at the top of your account.
- Click on Add Subscribers to reveal the import options.
- Select the Many at a time tab to choose a file to upload. Or select the One by one tab to enter your contacts individually.
Note: If you would like to add just a single contact, you can use either tab. In the One by one tab you can add the email and name details into special fields for that data. And in the Many at a time tab, you can simply paste the details into the Paste subscribers field.
- Enter your contact details:
- Choose the list to import your contacts into:
- Click Add Subscriber(s).
Note: If you are on the One by one tab, the window doesn’t close automatically. This is so you can easily add another subscriber. To close the window, just click the X.
After you’ve opened to your Email Marketing account, you can see see the Campaigns page by clicking Campaigns in the top menu. This is where you’ll create your email campaigns and newsletters. Let’s take a tour:
Email Marketing now uses responsive email templates. With the responsive email templates, your emails will automatically scale to fit any screen. Whether it’s viewed on a laptop or a smartphone, your campaigns will look great. There’s no additional action needed to take advantage of the feature.
View your campaigns
Recent email campaigns or newsletters you’ve created appear in the center of the Campaigns page. All others appear under the Compose! button in the sidebar.
When you select a campaign, it opens in the center of the Campaignspage.
Statistics appear in the summary section for each campaign. These numbers show the total overall stats for the campaign. Click more stats to see a detailed overview of the campaign. Learn more about email marketing statistics.
These tools are available for each campaign on the Campaigns page.
Below are the descriptions of the buttons on the toolbar for each campaign:
||Click to open and edit the campaign.
||Click to “clone” a campaign, making an exact copy of the campaign in the Campaigns page. Email Marketing adds an incremented number to the campaign title so you know which copy is the clone.
||Click Share to see a list of social media platforms where you can share the campaign. If you’ve set up the social sharing buttons in the email, you can click any of these to directly share the newsletter on a social network.
||Click to schedule the campaign.
||Click to send the campaign to subscribers.
||Click to show the overall or combined stats for all mailings of a campaign.
Get started by creating your very first email marketing campaign.
Note: This article covers creating a campaign with text and images using the tools availble in Email Marketing. It’s possible for you to create a plain text email campaign, or you can use custom HTML to create a campaign from scratch.
- Log in to your Email Marketing account. (Need help logging in?)
- Click the Compose! button in the right panel.
A blank campaign opens that looks something like this:
- Enter a name for your campaign.
- To upload a banner image, click the plus sign on the Images tab.
A banner image is the graphic (590 pixels wide) that appears at the top of your email campaign, giving your readers a first impression. For more information see, Add a banner image
- Browse to the image you want to upload to the Images tab, and click Open.
- Click and drag the image from the Images tab to the banner placeholder.
- In the Banner link dialog box that automatically appears, enter the URL you want people to go to when they click the banner image, and then click Save.
- Click This is your main headline, enter a headline, and click OK.
- To structure your email campaign layout, use the module buttons located at the bottom of the campaign.
||Image & Text
||A mixed module with an image holder on the left, and a text block on the right.
||Text & Image
||A mixed module with a text block on the left, and an image holder on the right.
||A full width text block. You can format text, and change the text style.
||A full width image holder. You can add more images in a row, and you can resize it.
||A special text block that contains only top-line H1 styled text. You can change the style of the section title text independent of the other text types in the style editor.
||A call-to-action button that allows you to define the display text and link to any URL. You can change the button styling in the style editor. Learn more about the button module.
||A horizontal line to visually separate different chunks of your campaign.
- In the text placeholder, enter your text.
- Upload an image to the Image tab, click and drag the image onto the image placeholder (just as you did with the banner image), and click OK.
- To change the color and formatting of your campaign, click the Stylestab that is located in the right pane next to the Images tab, and choose a style.
- To preview your campaign, click the Preview button.
At this point, your campaign may look something like this:
You can add more modules that contain section title, image, text, and button placeholders. Simply repeat steps 9, 10, and 11.
- In the upper right pane of your campaign (next to Continue), click the Save button.