Before you start
Before you request your certificate, we recommend checking out the following information:
- Prepare any documents you need by finding out what we’re going to ask for in Verify your certificate request
- If you’re using the certificate on your own server or a code or driver signing certificate, see Generate a CSR (certificate signing request)
Activate your credit
- Log in to your IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com account.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the SSL certificate credit you want to use, click Set up.
- If you have multiple credits, select the credit you want to use, and then click Set up.
- Refresh the page; you should see a New Certificate. If you don’t, continue to refresh the page until you do.
Request your certificate
- Next to your New Certificate, click Manage.
- Select one of the following based on where you’re hosting your certificate:
Where’s it hosted? What to do IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com hosting or site builder Select the domain hosted in your account you want to use. Anywhere else Select Provide a CSR, and then enter the CSR from your server. If you need help, see Request an SSL certificate
NOTE: If you’re requesting a UCC certificate, your CSR should include the SANs you want to use.
- UCC certs only — Enter any Subject Alternate Names you want to use, and then click Add.
- Depending on your issuance type, do one of the following:
Issuance Type Select… Standard Click Request Certificate. Deluxe, Extended Validation (EV) Click Next, and then complete the information on the following page. We’ll use this information to verify you control the common name for which you requested the certificate so it must match whatever documentation you provide us.
- We need to verify your certificate request — how long this takes depends on the type of certificate (typically between 1 and 7 days)