You can install SSLs from any company (or Certificate Authority – also known as a CA) on your server using these steps.
- Generate a certificate signing request (CSR).
- Request the SSL certificate.
Note: These instructions apply to IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com SSL certificates, but you will need to complete similar to steps for SSL certificates from any company.
- Install the SSL certificate.
To request an SSL certificate for your server or a code/driver signing certificate, you have to generate a certificate signing request (CSR). This identifies which server will use your certificate, as well as the domain names (common names) you’ll use for SSL certificates.
Note: If you’re using an SSL certificate on the primary domain name of a IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com shared hosting account, you do not need to generate a CSR; we take care of that for you.
How you generate a CSR depends on the type of certificate you’re requesting and your operating system/control panel.
Miscellaneous CSR instructions:
Our SSL certificates are compatible with all types of web servers, even if we do not have CSR instructions for them. Please contact your server documentation for further information on generating a CSR if you do not find the instructions that you need above.
After requesting your certificate, you have to validate all of the information in your request.
Which information we need from you depends on which type of certificate you’re requesting:
After you purchase an SSL certificate, you need to request it for the website’s domain name (or “common name”) you want to use.
Before you start
Before you request your certificate, we recommend checking out the following information:
Activate your credit
- Log in to your IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com account.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the SSL certificate credit you want to use, click Set up.
- If you have multiple credits, select the credit you want to use, and then click Set up.
- Refresh the page; you should see a New Certificate. If you don’t, continue to refresh the page until you do.
Request your certificate
- Next to your New Certificate, click Manage.
- Select one of the following based on where you’re hosting your certificate:
|Where’s it hosted?
||What to do
|IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com hosting or site builder
||Select the domain hosted in your account you want to use.
||Select Provide a CSR, and then enter the CSR from your server. If you need help, see Request an SSL certificate
NOTE: If you’re requesting a UCC certificate, your CSR should include the SANs you want to use.
- UCC certs only — Enter any Subject Alternate Names you want to use, and then click Add.
- Depending on your issuance type, do one of the following:
||Click Request Certificate.
|Deluxe, Extended Validation (EV)
||Click Next, and then complete the information on the following page. We’ll use this information to verify you control the common name for which you requested the certificate so it must match whatever documentation you provide us.