You can add images of your own, ones included with Website Builder, or from your social media sites.
Note: Images need to to be formatted as .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png files. Image uploads are limited to 30MB per file. While images as large as 5000 x 5000 pixels can be uploaded, images will not be displayed larger than 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- Click Edit Site.
- In the left-hand toolbar, click the Image tool.
- In the Choose Photos window, select one of the following options:
||Click one of the images in the grid or click Browseto select an image you want to upload from your own computer, and then click Open.
||Click to select one of the images included in the Website Builder theme already installed on your site.
||To select an image from our library of free images, enter a search term to find specific images in the library, or select a category from the All categoriesmenu.
||To import images directly from your Facebook® account, click Connect to Facebook, log in to your Facebook account, and then click Log In with Facebook To turn off the connection, you’ll need to log into Facebook again.
||To import images directly from your Instagram® account, click Connect to Instagram, log in to your Instagram account, and then click Log In with Instagram. To turn off the connection, you’ll need to log into Instagram again.
- After selecting the image you want to use, click Insert.
- If you need to reposition the image, click and drag it on the page.
- If you need to resize it, click and drag any of the blue squares along the image’s edge. The image will keep its proportions.
- If you want to adjust the image in other ways, see Edit images below.
- When you’re done making changes, click Publish to update your site online.
Website Builder comes with site-building tools that don’t require technical skills or coding experience. You can choose from hundreds of themes with placeholder content and images to get started quickly.
- Log in to your IFindHost – Cheap Domain Registration. com account.
- Click Website Builder/InstantPage to see your website accounts.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Select a domain from your account, enter a domain name registered elsewhere, or create a sub-domain using a domain in your account for your website, and then click OK.
Note: If your account was auto-setup, you can skip this step.
- Locate the theme you want to use for your website, and then click Select Theme. (If you hover your pointer over the thumbnail image and click Full Screen, you can get a better look at the theme’s design.)
Note: Each theme has pluses and minuses, and it may take a couple of days before you know if it fits your needs. While you can change your theme at any time, none of the text and images you’ve added will be preserved. To avoid starting from scratch if you switch themes, you may want to “test drive” a theme with a minimum of your own text and images until you’re sure about it.
- On the Get Established page, enter your business name and contact email address. Optionally, you can add other information that will help us get your business found by your customers:
- Business category: Select the category that best describes your kind of business.
- Address: This makes it easy to generate a map of your location and help your listing appear in location-driven search results.
- Phone: You can enter your current business phone number.
- Connect social: You can also connect your Facebook and/or Twitter account to your website.
- When you’re finished, click Next.
- If this is your first time setting up Website Builder v7, we show you a quick video overview of its tools. When you’re ready, click Close Video to get started building your site. (Your work is automatically saved as you go.)
- When you’re ready, click Publish to present your site to the outside world.
If you own Website Builder v7 but haven’t yet migrated your v6 site’s content, here’s how to move over the text. Remember: The v6 content will not be accessible after you publish the new site.
Note: Depending on your site’s size, this manual process can take a while. You may want to check out Options to migrate my website.
- Use your Web browser to display your published v6 site. (In other words, don’t launch the Website Builder v6 program.)
- In a separate browser window, log in to your IFindHost – Cheap Domain Registration. com account.
- In your Products list click Website Builder, and then click Managenext to your new account (not your v6 account).
- When your new Website Builder launches, select a theme for your new site.
- Create some empty pages to which you’ll move content from your v6 site. (See Add A Page.)
Note: No need to spend a lot of time creating perfect pages — the goal is to move your v6 content over to the new site as simply as possible. You can rename and polish your v7 pages later on if you like.
- Create a text box on one of the new pages by clicking the Text tool in the left-hand toolbar. Drag the text box if you need to reposition it.
- Switch to your v6 site’s tab/window, select the text on a page, and use Cntrl/Command+C to copy it.
- Switch back to the tab/window displaying your new Website Builder site, select the text box’s placeholder text, and use Cntrl/Command+V to replace it with the text copied from your v6 site.
- Repeat these steps on each page of your v6 site until you’ve copied all the text to your new site.
Note: Besides moving text, you’ll also need to re-upload your v6 site’s images to your new site. See Add image and Adding image slideshows and photo galleries.
- Because the v6 version (and its content) will no longer be available after you publish your v7 site, double-check to make sure you have copied over everything from the old site.
- After confirming that you’ve moved everything to the new site, you can publish it. (See Publish my website.)
- Unlike Website Builder v6, Website Builder’s current version doesn’t preserve your content when you switch themes. See Change themes.