After you download and install Workspace Desktop Tools, you can use it to manage your Workspace Calendar. This functionality includes synchronizing Workspace Calendar with Microsoft Outlook® and displaying Workspace Calendar event notifications on the desktop of your computer. You can also customize settings for synchronizing Workspace Calendar with Outlook.
Note: Calendar synchronization is not available on Mac®.
If you do not already have Workspace Desktop Tools, see
Resources in Calendar represent facilities and equipment, such as meeting rooms, auditoriums, projectors, and other shared office equipment. When scheduling events, you can schedule resources to indicate that they are in use at that time.
Resources must be added to groups. Only the group’s users with Admin permissions can schedule resources, unless the resource is Public, which lets any group member schedule its use.
You can add resources to existing groups or when you create a group.
Note: Consider making a group just for your resources, and make all members of your organization members of the group. If you make the resources in the group Public, anyone can schedule a resource and all other users can see the resource’s availability.
To Add Resources to Existing Groups
- Log in to Calendar.
- From the Groups section, right-click the group you want to use, and then select Edit Resources.
- Complete the Enter Resource name and Description fields.
- (Optional) To make the resource’s calendar available to other groups, select Public.
- Click Add Resource.
- Click Save & Exit.
To delete a resource, right-click its group, select Edit Resources, and then click Delete next to the resource.
Events in Calendar are occurrences with definite start and end times, such as meetings or parties. They display in your personal and group calendars in the Calendars section of your account.
You can invite other Calendar users or groups to attend events. Users or groups you invite receive emails requesting them to provide their attendance statuses. Calendar then tracks and displays their responses. For more information, see Accepting Calendar Event Invitations.
To Schedule Events
- Log in to your Calendar account.
- Click Add Event.
- In the Title field, enter a name for your event.
- Select the event’s Start Time and End Time. Select All day event if the event runs through an entire day.
Note: When you schedule events that conflict with other users’ schedules, those users display in the Conflicts window.
- Use the Time Zone menu to identify the correct time for the event.
- If the time zone you need isn’t listed, do the following:
- Click Manage Time Zones.
- In the Manage Additional Time Zone window, drag and drop selected time zones from the Available menu to the Selectedmenus. You can also use the + and – buttons to add and remove selected time zones.
- Go to any of the tabs below, enter the necessary information, and then click Save.
Details are additional information related to the event you want to track in Calendar.
- Calendar — Select the calendar to use for scheduling the event.
- Event Type — Select the event type for the event.
- Icon — Select an icon to identify the event.
- Title — Enter the name of the event.
- Location — Identify where the event is located.
- Details — Add event-related information.
- My Attendance — Select Attending, Tentative, or Not Attending.
- Event Status — Select Not Complete or Complete.
- Event Owner — Select the Calendar user who created the event. By default this field contains your name and email address, but you can select anyone you share a Calendar with.
- Send Attendance Notifications to — Select an email address to receive notifications, or select Don’t Send Notification.
Attendees and resources are the Calendar users attending your event and the resources, such as meeting rooms and office equipment, your event is using.
If the event conflicts with other users’ schedules, you can click the selector in the time grid, and then slide it to a time that fits.
To let an event’s attendees invite other Calendar users, select Allow attendees to invite other users.
The table displays your attendees’ names, their acceptance and requirement statuses, and the time of their currently scheduled events.
Calendar can automatically schedule recurring events in attendees’ personal or group calendars and resource calendars.
Select one of the following, and then enter the required information to create recurring event:
- None — The event occurs once.
- Daily — Enter the event’s frequency in days, or select Every weekday if the event recurs every day.
- Weekly — Enter the event’s frequency in weeks, and then select the day it occurs.
- Monthly — Enter the event’s frequency in days of the month, frequency of monthly occurrences, or select a recurrence rule.
- Yearly — Enter the event’s frequency in days of the month per year, frequency of yearly occurrences, or select a recurrence rule.
Calendar can send reminders so attendees don’t miss events.
Click Add Reminder, complete the following fields, and then click Add:
- Address — Enter the email address you want to send the reminder to.
- When — Enter and select how long before the event you want to send the reminder.
- Format — Select how you want the reminder sent:
- Email — Receive an email at a specified time.
- SMS — Receive an SMS email message at a specified time. You can receive this as a text message on a mobile phone by using your phone number’s email address. For more information about your phone number’s email address, contact your mobile phone service provider.
- Alert — Receive reminders in Calendar and through any third-party clients, such as Microsoft Outlook®, that get updates through your Calendar’s Published URL. For more information about subscribing to your Calendar, see Importing, Exporting, and Subscribing to Calendars.
Tasks in Calendar are to-do lists of objectives, such as reports and assignments. You can assign due dates to tasks, but they do not require definite beginning and end times. Tasks display in the Task section of your Calendar account.
When creating tasks, you must complete the Task field. All other fields are optional.
Note: you will get free calendar with our best email hosting services.
To Create Tasks
- Log in to your Calendar account.
- Click Add Task.
- Enter a name for your task in the Task field.
- Go to any of the following tabs, complete any fields you want, and then click Save.
The Task History tab is read-only and displays all of a task’s past activity.
To complete a task, select its Percent Complete as 100%.
To delete a task, click its name from your Tasks section, click Delete, and then click Yes.