To test your website’s speed, it’s a good idea to make sure it’s not just your local internet that’s causing the issue. By using website speed tests, you can verify other connections are having similar issues.
You can also use free third-party tools to troubleshoot the cause of your site’s slowness and to make a plan for your next moves.
Using Google PageSpeed to Determine Site Slowness
Using Yahoo! YSlow to Determine Site Slowness
Using Pingdom Tools to Determine Site Slowness
For solutions, we recommend checking reading Slow website speed problems.
If you’re still stumped, please try to find patterns in slowness before you contact help or tech support so we can handle your case quickly. Patterns to look for:
- Is your site slow only during certain hours of the day?
- Is your site slow only from certain geographic locations?
- Are only certain pages of your site slow?
- Do you host multiple alias domains on your account? If so, are they all slow, or just one?
- Do you run multiple Web applications on your account? If so, are they all slow, or just one?
- Do you run multiple plugins, modules, or themes for your Web application? If you disable them, does your site speed up?
- Is your connection to other websites slow?
Any additional information you can provide will help our tech support track down the issues quickly.