You can change a domain’s contact information at any time. Domains have four sets of contacts, which are listed below after the instructions.
Warning: Changing your domain contact information does not change your IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com account’s email address information. If you want to update that, see Update my IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com account profile.
Required: When you update your Registrant info on a domain, this new process sends an email to the shopper email address, the existing email address being replaced, and the new email address for the Registrant contact. Either the shopper or the existing registrant email address AND the new registrant email address are required to approve the update. If these email addresses are the same, only one email and approval will be required. See New ICANN Registrant update requirements for more details
- Log into your My Products page.
- If you aren’t automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Contact Information, click Edit.
- To edit All Contacts, simply enter the Contact, Address, Phone, and Email information you want to update, and then click OK.
- To edit each individual contact, deselect the Use for all contact typesbox and enter the information you want to update.
- Click OK.
The four different sets of contacts for domains are:
- The Registrant is the contact information for the owner of the domain. Changing the domain name’s registrant prevents you from transferring the domain to a new registrar for 60 days1. However, if you want to transfer ownership to another IFindHost – CheapDomainRegistration.com customer, you should use an account change.
- The Administrator information is used for transferring between registrars.
- Technical and Billing contacts are not commonly used.
you voluntarily agree to a 60-day lock that prevents you from transferring your domain name when you update the Organization field for the registrant contact, or when you update the First name, Last name, or Email address fields for the registrant contact if an organization is not the legal registrant for your domain name.
Note: The 60-day lock does not apply to .au domain names. We send .au transfer-related information to the registrant contact’s email address as it displays in the Whois database.
Note: If your domain name has privacy, see Update contact information for domains with privacy for more information.