If you want to restrict access to directories on your website, you can use your hosting account’s built-in password protection feature.
Note: This feature does not offer a typical member login experience like a bank or retail site. Features like that require databases and are much more complex.
To password protect directories
- In Plesk, in the area for the domain name’s website you want to use, click Show More.
- Click Password-Protected Directories.
- Click Add Protected Directory.
- Enter the Directory name (starting at the root of your domain name) and the Title of the protected area, and then click OK.
After protecting the directory, you need to add users that can log in to it.
To create users
- In the Total Protected directories area, click the name of the directory you want to use.
- Click Add New Users.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click OK.
Now, when browsing to that directory, only visitors that can enter a username and password combination can view its content.